Friday, April 23, 2010

Moving walkthrough

We had our walkthrough this morning with the representative from the moving company. I wasn't sure what to expect, but it was how I thought it might go. He basically took a little bit of inventory of some of the larger items that we have, things that might need disassembled, things that would need boxes and what size and how many. We went through every nook and cranny of the house, opening up all of the rooms and closets so he could see what was in them.

The landlord listed our apartment for rent on the website we initially found it off of. It will be weird to have someone looking at our apartment to see if they want to move in. It's sort of weird to see it listed on the web as being available.

We need to start putting some stuff into our do-not-pack room and then pack it ourselves into our own boxes to take down in the cars with us.

There's a complicated situation with our apartment and us leaving early in the month but having to pay rent through the end of the month and I'm worried the landlord will re-rent it and be getting double rent. And it sucks because we have no way to verify if he's doing that. The only person I would trust giving a key to this place to to check is not going to be here for almost the entire month of May. I don't want to leave it with a neighbor because I don't want the landlord to know I gave the key to someone else for a short period of time. He'll be showing the apartment, so he'll know we've vacated. I just feel really uneasy about it and get the feeling the only way to truly prevent it is to leave some stuff in the apartment and drive back up here on a weekend later in the month to get it back and turn the keys in. I do not want to spend all that gas money, but it's looking like I'm going to have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment